This tool has been designed to remove the diesel injectors from Dodge/Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel 5.9L to 6.7L engines produced from 2003 to current model year, which are equipped with the high-pressure common rail fuel system. Over time and with many miles of use, the injectors become heavily coated with carbon between the tip and head, causing them to stick together and making them difficult to remove. The factory tool requires removing the center bolts from the mid valve cover, as well as assembling and disassembling the tool for each injector. The 17200, on the other hand, has been designed so the technician can perform the job quickly and more efficiently. After removing the wires and retaining bolts, just slip the puller cup in the groove on the injector and lever it out against the head of the mid cover center bolts. Also included with this kit is the feed tube puller.
- Saves time by reducing the likelihood of damaging the head or injector.
- Works on 2003 to current model Cummins Turbo Diesel ISBE HPCR engines in Dodge/Ram Trucks 2500 3500 4500 5500 / 2006-2009 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine / 2007-2024 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Made of high-quality carbon steel, the surface is coated with black anti-oxidation coating, which has high hardness, high strength, wear resistance, stable performance and reliable use, and longer service life.
- This tool is used to assist in the removal of the injectors from the cylinder head without causing damage to the injector body. Removal without damaging the injector body and intricate components within the injector is crucial, due to the high cost of the injectors.
- Height adjustable for 5.9L and 6.7L HPCR engines
- No bolting it down, moves quickly from injector to injector.
- Pulls the injector straight out.
- Pulls far enough to completely remove a stuck injector.