Save time and money with our unique EGT bung re-threaders. These re-threaders are meant to repair EGT bungs. The extreme heat cycles and corrosive environment of modern diesel exhaust systems tend to corrode and coat the sensors making them difficult to remove and damaging the exhaust system.
The design, shape and depth of the fittings use a unique thread pitch which standard re-threader taps will not work. We engineered these re-threaders with a specific geometry that allows them to clean-up most types of damaged EGT sensor bungs allowing the new sensor to properly thread in the bung without damage to the sensor or expensive exhaust system.
The six assorted sizes and one special drive adapter that is included in the kit will accommodate repairs of most, if not all, EGT and oxygen sensors used on cars, as well as light, medium and heavy-duty trucks on the road today.
- The kit includes six sizes: 12mm x 1.0mm, 12mm x 1.25mm, 12mm x 1.5mm, 14mm x 1.25mm, 14mm x 1.5mm and 16mm x 1.5mm thread pitches.
- The 7mm square drive end of the tool is intended for ease of use in tight spaces.
- Square-to-hex adapter allows the use of 14mm or 9/16” socket or wrench.
- Designed to reach the bottom thread, even with inverted flare type fittings.
- Saves time and money — no need to remove or replace the exhaust system.
- Will cleanup most EGT sensor bungs allowing a new sensor to be installed without the need for exhaust component replacement.